he Old Bridge Hoops Academy was established in 2014 as a comprehensive skill-based player development feeder program for the Old Bridge Middle Schools & High School programs — integrating league and tournament play, team concepts, and first-class skill development training under an aligned, consistent and systematic support system of players, parents, coaches, and a strong team of volunteers.
The Old Bridge Hoops Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that affords young student-athletes the opportunity to experience competitive basketball through our highly competitive travel and AAU(Amateur Athletic Union) programs.
The delivery of an aligned, consistent, and systematic youth development feeder program will ensure our student-athletes’ needs are met at every level. We strive to instill the values of hard work, pride, passion, and commitment in young boys and girls as they endeavor to play basketball at the middle school and high school levels and beyond. To help our young athletes achieve their goals, Old Bridge Hoops Academy is supported by a strong team of volunteers with the belief that turning dreams into reality requires teamwork and commitment. These individuals bring a wealth of experience and expertise in the area of youth development basketball. Each individual shares the same goals – Teach, Inspire, Motivate and Cultivate Future Champions on and off the court.
The mission of the Old Bridge Hoops Academy is twofold:
- To identify and develop the best young basketball talent in Old Bridge Township
- To provide a wholesome, safe, and fun learning environment, while fielding competitive teams that focus on skill development and preparation for future competition at the Middle and High School levels of play
The goals of the program are:
- To be the first choice for high-level travel basketball players in Old Bridge Township
- To promote the sport of basketball as an avenue to help young aspiring players develop a love of the game, positive self-image, and a sense of pride toward the game and their community
- To teach the essential skills and instill the required work ethic that is needed for our student-athletes to excel on and off the court
To be an exemplary youth development basketball program, where our student-athletes, coaches, parents and volunteers set the standard in preparing young players for future success.